Imagine reinventing the bank using disrupting technologies like blockchain technology. As a graduate intern you explore the potential of this technology and help Rabobank to validate and implement it to improve and create products and services.
Create an impact
As a graduate intern, you can make a difference by exploring:
- business-related innovations such as new business models for trade finance, future stakeholder analysis of food & agri supply chains or meta-level consequences of blockchain related collaborations in the financial sector
- Technical developments like as new privacy developments, security challenges (and it’s solutions), scalability improvements (e.g. Lightning and Raiden) and exploration of lesser-known types of blockchain(like) solutions (e.g. NEO, Hashgraph and IOTA).
- or both!
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. The Blockchain Acceleration Lab team brings talented blockchain specialists together to support the organization with everything related to blockchain and related technologies. We constantly investigate this technology to understand where blockchain fits best to improve our products and services. In addition, we explore new business models for the bank. Our department works closely together with other teams to collectively analyze and identify opportunities within specific bank offerings such as payments, identity or trade. At the same time there is collaboration with our international branches and both national and international consortia.
With you as a graduate intern blockchain technology, the team will consist of 13 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
David Lamers, Blockchain Specialist: “The key to develop yourself within the Blockchain Acceleration Lab is not to be chained, but to use the freedom you get to explore and develop new business opportunities”
Claudia Terpstra, Blockchain Specialist: “In my role I have a lot of freedom which means I can work on a variety of projects. I use the skills that I have and gain skills in areas that I would like to improve on. This all with the help of our knowledgeable team!”
Nick van Nispen, Graduate Intern: “Every team member helped me to develop myself personally and professionally”
With your talents
If we ask your friends to describe you in a few key words, the answer should be: customer-oriented, innovative, ambitious and independent .
In addition to those competencies, it is important for this specific graduate internship that you recognize the following as well:
- Master student at a University
- Interest for IT, an IT-background is not an requirement
- Available for a period of at least 5 months
- You enjoy being challenged by complex matters and technologies
You probably knew already Rabobank is a financial services provider for 8.5 million customers in 40 countries,. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our “Growing a better world together” mission? We do it in 101 ways, including:
Together with Vluchtelingenwerk Nederland we help 1,500 refugees in finding a job.
Do you want this too?
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. You can count on us (based on a 36-hour work week) with:
- an internship allowance which range from 300€ to 500€ per month depending on the level of education.
- Personal mentorship;
- a professional work and learning environment;
- any trainee lunches or other activities that are organized within your team;
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a graduate intern blockchain and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
As a graduate intern, we expect you to come up with valuable thesis topic for the team and for yourself. In your motivation letter please answer this following question:
How will your research contribute to the future of Rabobank?
Good to know:
- The internship will start from April 2019 - Applications are open until 18th of January. Apply via the button “Apply now”.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Djuri Baars, via Djuri.email@example.com
- Magalie Carlucci, Tech Recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!